Monday 2 February 2009

Beer today, gone tomo....Oh, I'll get me coat....


Whilst enjoying a few cans of refreshing Grolsch lager over the weekend, I noticed this symbol on the side. I presumed it meant that Grolsch wasn't a beer to be enjoyed by heavy metal fans who modelled themselves on Mr Greedy with severe backache. I then had it explained to me that it means 'lay-deez, don't drink it if you're up the stick'. Surely if you're sexually active and mature enough to get yourself pregnant then you should already know that drinking copious amounts of mid-strength Dutch beer is detrimental to the unborn baby's health? Or am I being very old-fashioned? I also notice that the silhouette, handily, already has a Croydon facelift.
It's health and safety gawn mad. And that's coming from a H&S officer.
Anyway, on an unrelated note, I've just been out clearing mine and some neighbours' drives and pathways of snow and putting salt down. I don't believe in the afterlife, but just in case it does exist I reckon I've put a few points in the bank this morning. I'm bloody great , me.
Doh!* I promised myself that I wasn't going to blog about snow. Bah!
*That's a Peter Glaze 'doh!', not a Homer Simpson one, because I'm British.

2 comments:

Matthew Rudd said...

I reckon beer played something of a part in the actual conception, too.

Looking forward to the warnings on loaves of bread that eating a fried version of their product can give you ulcers.

Hawkfall said...

Reminds me of the Bill Hicks routine about how, when out shopping for cigarettes, he would always buy the packs with the warning saying "Pregnant Women: Smoking May Harm Your Unborn Baby" ("I'll take my chances") and avoid the packs with "Smoking Can Cause Lung Cancer"