Thursday 12 February 2009

Don't want to bang on about Twitter, but...

...now I'm on the horns of a dilemma. Christine Bleakley v Charlie Brooker. They both enrich my life but one's pro-Twitter and the other one's anti. Can I just read Twitter without actually saying anything myself? Because I'd quite like to 'follow' Brooker.



Anyway, this popped up on my iPod today during a shuffle. I hadn't heard it in ages and it was most welcome. Especially as Metallica use it as their intro music and I'm going to see them the week after next. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up because normally when I hear it I know I'm going to feel the full force of James Hetfield's wrath in a few minutes. It has everything I love about Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western music: Twanging electric guitars, squealing trumpets, a wailing bint, a clanging bell and a huge choir. Pretty good visuals too, courtesy of Sergio Leone and Eli Wallach.

7 comments:

Clair said...

I feel Twitter is boring, akcherloi. I get nowt from it, but tons from Facebook. Go figure...

Bright Ambassador said...

There you go then, that's it, no Twitter for me. It's two against one in the 'people who enrich my life' stakes.

Matthew Rudd said...

I would argue for Twitter, but I don't enrich your life so you'd not say it was 2-2.

Hawkfall said...

BA? It's Geddy Lee on the phone. He thinks you should go on Twitter.

Matthew Rudd said...

John McGovern, Viv Anderson, John Robertson, Martin O'Neill, Ian Bowyer, Peter Shilton, Kenny Burns, Larry Lloyd, John O'Hare, Garry Birtles, Tony Woodcock, Peter Withe, Archie Gemmill, Steve Hodge, Johnny Metgod, Nigel Clough, Franz Carr, Roy Keane, Gary Charles, Stuart Pearce, Steve Sutton, Steve Chettle, Colin Foster, Des Walker, Garry Parker, Ian Woan, Lee Chapman, Tommy Gaynor, Gary Crosby, Neil Webb, Darren Wassall, Mark Crossley and Nigel Jemson all say you should join Twitter.

Bright Ambassador said...

You had me at John Robertson.

Funnily enough I was talking about Johnny Metgod only today.

droach75 said...

Hi I have just got into Twitter,,so I say go for it. You can hook up twitter to your Facebook/blog,,which is quite cool.

Metallica,,,Love em,,I agree Ecstasy Of Gold is one hell of a peice of music, put with Leones images,,,its amazing and then before gig its even more exhillerating. Can't wait I am off to see them tom.