Friday 30 January 2009

Disgustipated from Newark writes...


While browsing Statcounter just now I notice that someone's come to this blog by putting 'steve wright fat bastard' into Google. Which reminded me of this story I saw in the Mirror this week. Is that why his three hour daily twatcast is called The Big Show?
I also notice that someone's come here by Googling 'play van halen on ukulele', which makes my heart sing. In other Statcounter news, I'm still getting the usual Diane Keen pervs desperate to see her knockers and some misguided fool who thinks that Kate Thornton's started advertising yoghurts.

I had a letter published in the local paper today. Yes, I knew it would happen sooner rather than later that I'd start writing letters to the paper. Mind you, having said that, I actually know someone who writes letters to TV listings magazines complaining about the amount of swearing on TV and the amount of violence in Eastenders, and they pay him to do it. Bah!
Unfortunately, such is the crapness of the Newark Advertiser's website, they only put a selection of letters online, and mine didn't make the internet cut. It was in the paper under the heading 'No one knocks', so I'll leave it up to your imagination what it was about. They did seem fit to omit mine and put a letter in where some old fart, currently living in Spain, was reminiscing about Newark in the 60s and 70s.

Have a good weekend, and here's someone with too much time on their hands playing Van Halen's Eruption on the ukulele.


8 comments:

Clair said...

Kate does advertise Activia yogs..

Bright Ambassador said...

It's Nell McAndrew, isn't it?
http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Danone-Activia-New-You-Plan-Nell-McAndrew-Danone-Bio-Activia-Range/54527

Valentine Suicide said...

That uke player has alloy wheels in his house?

I'm worried about the company you're starting to keep...

Bright Ambassador said...

Keeping alloy wheels in your house is what I CALL rock 'n' roll!
I'm seriously doubting your rock credentials, Mr VS, even if you can play U bastard 2 on your electrical geetarr.

Matthew Rudd said...

VS has no music credentials whatsoever. We've known that for years...

Was your letter about the boom in doorbell sales round Newark?

Bright Ambassador said...

Ssshh *whispers* I'll let you into a little secret, it was about the sexy subject of local politics and councillors, but don't tell anyone. Okay?

Socrates_McTaggart said...

I viewed this blog by Googling Steve Wright fat bastard as well. I don't know whether i feel happy or sad about that fact!

Bright Ambassador said...

Happy, clearly.