Friday 6 February 2009

Let's have a heated debate!


I know Mr FC has already blogged about Question Time, but fuck it.
I don't regularly watch it, but while listening to Radcliffe and Maconie last night, they said Will Young was going to be on it, so I thought I'd give it a go when I got in.
Billy Connolly once said that the desire to be a politician should automatically bar you from ever being one. Something I agree strongly with. I hate all politicians (except Ken Clarke).
The thing is with QT is that it's just a fancier Mrs Merton Heated Debate. A heated debate with cocks. I think they should just do a Harry Hill and have a great big fight.
Let's look at last night's line-up (we'll come back to Young later):

Geoff Hoon - Goverment mouthpiece. Obviously briefed for hours beforehand by a team of people. Nottingham MP who was recently banned from attending the Latitude Festival. Cock.

Theresa May - Conservative mouthpiece. There solely to argue with Hoon. A career politician of the worst kind. Minge.

Nigel Farage - Oh dear, where to start? UKIP leader. A man who not only looks like a penis but talks like one too. Has an annoying habit of laughing at his own putdowns while playing to the crowd. There to argue with Hoon and May. Arsehole.

Shami Chakrabarti - Head honcho of pressure group Liberty. FC's said it all. But I think I would she'll, no doubt, be glad to hear. There to argue with anyone she bloody well likes 'because that's what living in a democracy's all about, right'? Every time I watch QT, she seems to be on it. Mong.

Now, Mr Will Young. Whoever thought he'd make a good choice for that show needs sacking. I gather they do it to go after ver kids. Well perhaps they should have got her off the Ting Tings or Dizzee Rascal to do it because Young appeals to...oh, I don't know, does Young appeal to anyone? What's going on with that chin? You could get pickles out of a jar with that monster.
All his answers started with "Mmm...now...yes...err...", which left Chakrabarti with golden opportunities to come in and start shouting about what she thought. Which she was loving. And to justify it she was saying stuff like "Well, I agree with Will on that point, but..."
And I'm surprised you didn't hear me laughing at your house when Will came out with this little corker: "This whole snow business makes me so angry!" There's no business like snow business, clearly.

I won't tune in again in a hurry. Mind you, Monty Don's on next week, so the curiosity of seeing how his stroke's affected him might get me to have a gawp.

Oh, and yesterday I had the highest number of returning visitors ever to this blog. Thank you, I love you all.

5 comments:

Jon Peake said...

They're going after the Heat generation. Look out for Chantelle from Big Brother in March.

Every time I think of Shami Chakrabarti I get "so angry". And, no, I definitely would not.

Bright Ambassador said...

What, not even a drunken fumble behind the shed after darkness falls at a barbecue? Where you both know it's wrong but the fear of getting caught just spurs you on? Where you both feel worthless and slighty cheap at the end but still wouldn't mind a proper look under her slogan t-shirt?

Perhaps I've been thinking about that too much...

Mondo said...

Off Topic Alert...the two metal twins were Gypsy Queen always sounded like Gypsy Creams - they're still going (nowhere), and looking like they should be a country duo (or perhaps appearing on Question Time)

Clair said...

Ken Clarke. I'd probably have him behind a shed at a barbie. I am DELIGHTED to have a normal, older bloke back in politics, as opposed to those Eton nonces.

Bright Ambassador said...

PM - You see to me Gypsy Queen just brings to mind a gay tinker of advancing years. Not a couple of minxes with ill-fitting undergarments.

Clair - A normal older bloke who enjoys a drink and a smoke, is enthusiastic about music (even if it is jazz, nice) and supports Forest. And I mean REALLY supports Forest, not a careerist who just happens to support whichever team's in his constituancy to get a few extra votes.