Monday 12 January 2009

Now that's what I call mint condition



I notice that today EMI are re-releasing the original Now! That's What I Call Music on CD to mark its 25th anniversary, which was, er, last year. That's my copy in the photo, in all its 1983 Phil Collins and spiky hair glory, and, according to this article, original Now albums are collector's items. Which leads me to the Mark and Lard question "Is it worth owt? It's mint".
They say that this Mr Abram can't be influenced. So how does he explain that Kajagoogoo appear twice on Now! 1? Big Apple anyone? Thought not.
I was bought that by my parents for Christmas after they sent my sister out to get it for me. I seem to remember asking for the Saturday Superstore compilation album because it had The Icicle Works' Love is a Wonderful Colour on it, but she bought Now! "Cos it's better". I wonder how much those Saturday Superstore albums are fetching now? Are they worth owt? Hmm, I wonder...

4 comments:

office pest said...

Maybe as much as a tenner, mint, whilst everyone's talking about them, perhaps a couple of £ more.
The one to look put for at car boot sales etc is Now 4 on CD, it is rare and valuable. £300 plus.

Bright Ambassador said...

Ten of your English pounds? Ugh...

The Wolfmen said...

Is that number one? - I thought it had a pig and chicken on

Bright Ambassador said...

The pig and chicken were on the back. It was an old Danish food advert and the pig was saying to a clucking chicken 'Now, that's what I call music.' Apparently it was Richard Branson's idea. That's the same Richard Branson who wanted to give Tubular Bells the name Rise 'n' Shine because he'd brought the rights to a painting of an egg with a toast soldier in it, but instead of yolk it had blood running out of it.