Monday 1 September 2008

WI like


I read with interest this newspaper report. I'm all for a trendier version of the WI, especially if the ladies look like the yummy mummy in the pic, taken from their obligatory fund raising calender. I mean, who, apart from my Auntie Jean, still makes their own jam? These women are too busy going to see Puppetry of the Penis to be fannying about with preserving sugar, huge pans, and summer fruits (is is just me, or is Puppetry of the Penis a five minute variety act stretched a little too far? Mind you, stretching it too far is the whole point of the show I guess).


But I think some of the aspects of this new club need looking at.

For a start, singing Jammin' instead of Jerusalem at the start of meetings is trying a little too hard. I suggest something like Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos or anything but Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves.

And the name WI Lite is just wrong, it sounds like an American gnat's piss beer.

Putting on my marketing hat, I suggest one of the following:

WI EXTREME!

minxes @ double-ewe-eye

WI - The Next Generation

They can have any of those ideas for free. With the proviso that they invite me to one of their meetings. Preferably one where they teach burlesque dancing. With the woman on the pic, Fay.




4 comments:

Hawkfall said...

What about "MILFs Aloud"?

Bright Ambassador said...

Funny that, I was giving this some more thought last night (although I've been giving Fay of the Bramley WI LIte rather too much thought over the past few days), and, in a similar vein, came up with Wimilf - WI MILF, geddit?

Clair said...

Even a ten-minute viewing of Puppetry of the Penis at a charity gig was too much for me. It just looks PAINFUL, and not actually very entertaining, frankly...

Matthew Rudd said...

I once had a WI hen night at my club gig. They were *animals* ...

It was ace.