Monday 1 September 2008

Ian Kilminster



I was reading a review of the new Motorhead album at the weekend. Lemmy is a man never to let political correctness get in the way of his lyric-writing. Here's a few examples:


"If you squeeze my lizard, I'll put my snake on you"

"You're jailbait, and I just can't wait" (a favourite of Gary Glitter's, I believe)

"Going down slowly's the only way to go"

There was a lyric quoted in the review which just made crack out laughing I think it's because it's just so wrong that it's completely right. Here it is:

"Rock out, with your cock out, impress your lady friends"

I love the way he uses the term 'lady friends', it shows respect to 'the ladies', there's a saucy 'Carry On' feel to it. Every time I read it it's me completely gone. No doubt if it was an inferior band, like WASP or Poison, the lyric would read, rather craply:

"Rock out, with your jackhammer out, stick to your bitch"

Of course, if the lyric was written about myself it would read:

"Rock out, with your cock out, amuse your lady friends"

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download Rock Out.

No comments: