Tuesday 23 September 2008

Please, I beg of you, help me!


I wonder if anyone out there can help me (I knew this blogging lark would have some sort of use), I'm looking for the name of a record. Steve Wright played this record a few weeks ago, and in the infuriating way that Steve Wright is Steve Wright, he didn't give the title. A small snatch of it was also used on the 1968 edition of the Rock 'n' Roll Years, which was shown last night.
Let me describe it: it's an instrumental along the same sort of lines as Eye Level or Classical Gas; it has a harpsichord motif running through it; the main melody is done on strings and sounds a little like a part of Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart; it was obviously from 1968.
Please, someone help me, it's driving me insane. I need it in my life!

2 comments:

Jon Peake said...

Could you be looking for Love Is Blue by Paul Mauriat?

Bright Ambassador said...

Hurrah! Just checked on You Tube and it is. You're a legend Mr FC. Thank you, thank you, thank you.