Wednesday 8 October 2008

Sexist comment from 1993 alert!


This has been written by Esther Rantzen, but don't let that put you off (mind you, I saw her daughter do a documentary the other week, and very good she was too), it gives me hope. Nearly as much hope as when Christine Bleakley followed Adrian Chiles to an empty flat for an hour. That means the Bleakley's into pudgy-faced, broad blokes from the Midlands who support unfashionable football teams. I think I may be in there.
The Rantzen article reminds me of something one of my better-looking-than-me friends used to say to me when I'd to travel to Bath to visit him at university, usually just after he'd copped with a complete siren: "Don't worry, Rich, the fat birds are better in bed. The skinny ones take it for granted you fancy 'em so just lay there like a starfish". That never explained why I was always left with the less attractive one though. Never mind, beauty's only skin deep, ain't it? Attractiveness takes so many forms, I only hope he enjoyed himself. His un-PCness seems so very decadent these days, doesn't it?

In other news, I found out today a colleague of mine likes, and is going to see Uriah Heep. Oh dear, I needed a laugh today.

And I know Joe Brown isn't exactly fashionable, but I kind of love his new single. Hear it here at track no.5.

2 comments:

Clair said...

Hm, I found that piece a bit distasteful. It's always an excuse to print pix of stunnas with not so gorgeous partners (I feel REALLY sorr for Cate Blanchett's hubby, who always gets singled out). But having said that, usually, the extremely beautiful of both sexes are pretty damned dull. Someone said to me recently that they were advised to go for girls who'd had a nose job, as they probably looked fab now, but were a bit picked on before and hence had to develop a personality. Hmmm...

I like that Joe Brown track, what fun!

Bright Ambassador said...

Would the Daily Mail print an article by, say, Richard Madeley about how ugly women are better people? Nah, thought not.