Friday 31 October 2008

Bright Ambassador's Googlewhack non adventure

I've found out, via the extremely hand and incredibly informative, Statcounter that I've very nearly been Googlewhacked. Some bod from Channel 4 put 'Tits McCrikey' into Google and found this blog. Unfortunately 'Tit's McCrikey' returns two results. Although the other result only returns 'McCrikey'. So it's kind of a Googlewhacking victory for me. If I or you were bothered about such fripperies of course...

In other news, I'm thinking of taking up the ukulele, anyone know where I can buy a cheap but decent one from? Thought not...

And as it's the weekend, have this on me.

6 comments:

Mondo said...

I bought a uke earlier in the year, but have hardly touched it since - (I've been playing guitar for almost 25 years, so I always get drawn back to the 6 string), if you do go for one, perhaps think about a tenor (better for adult hand size)rather than the standard soprano sort (better for kids hand size)..

Or if you're thinking of getting a guitar - check out Danelectros? You can buy them for around £150, great guitars - Jimmy Page plays one on Kashmir.

Drop me a line through facebook if you want some guitar info

Bright Ambassador said...

Funnily enough, I saw a guitar that was just *me* in a local music shop on Saturday. A Flying V with blue flames up it, I might blog about it tomorrow.

Clair said...

PLEASE BECOME AN AXE HERO, BA!!

Mondo said...

Have you seen the flying V Ukes ?

I've got a Burns Flyte flying V style bass It's the only V type guitar you can play sitting down. Marc Bolan had a six string version

And check out SG guitars (It's what I'm playing in my profile pic). Once you've cranked one you can't play anything else - IE Angus Young, Tommy Iommi, Pete Townshend circa Won't Get Fooled Again

Hawkfall said...

I used to have a Flying V Tennis Racquet when I was a teenager. It used to drive the Air Groupies wild.

Bright Ambassador said...

Clair - It's my dream. Just like Eddie Van Halen on that video. Minus the drug, hair David Lee Roth and alcohol problems of course.

PM - Yeah, I've seen those Flying V ukes before. You can get Les Paul ukes too.

Thumper - I've got an air drum kit at home - it's a bastard to set up.