Tuesday 12 April 2011

Midnight at the lost and found

Have a look at the 'Lost and Found' section of that photograph. People who've been reading this garbage for an awfully long time will know how much my local paper gets on my wick. But every now and again there's something in it which makes me pull up short.
When I originally saw that ad I thought to myself "What a fantastic citizen that person is, they've found this photo and they've gone to all the trouble of putting an ad in the paper, at some considerable expense, to try and find the owner of it. And looking at that dialling code they must be from miles away, that's not a local dialling code that I know."
Then I looked again and I'm left with the impression that the ad has been put in by someone who's lost the photo. Is it really that valuable? And if they're such a fan of the Crafty Cockney then how come they can't spell his name correctly? And if they knew they'd lost it outside 99p Stores then why didn't they go back for it? Does this person prize this photo so much that they carry it around in an inside pocket, next to their heart, and have to keep pulling it put every few strides to make sure it's there? So as they walked along in the precinct they pulled it out at Wilkinson's and still had it. Pulled it out again at Julian Graves, still had it. Pulled it out at the travel agents, still had it. Pulled it out at Claire's Accessories, still had it. Pulled it out at 99p Stores, still had it. Pulled it out at Marks and Spencer's, SHIT WHERE'S IT GONE? IT MUST HAVE GONE WHEN I PULLED IT OUT AT 99P STORES!
To be honest, I can't really see a photo with Eric Bristow in it being all that valuable either. And if they loved it then why not keep it safe at home? I guess there are some things in life that just remain a mystery.

3 comments:

Kolley Kibber said...

Maybe it was Eric's old mum who lost it. He hasn't been in touch with her for years, not since he got famous, but she understands how busy he is and besides, he sent her that lovely photo a few years back - well, 20 years back actually - with a special printed-on autograph, which is even better than a hand-written one because that could smudge, and she keeps it with her all the time and it helps her feel like her lovely boy Eric is still close to her heart.

Only one day she got back from the shops and opened her bag and it was gone...

Bright Ambassador said...

Do you think that's what happened? How sad, I'm filling up just thinking about it.

sp73 said...

thats heart breaking Ishouldbeworking