Saturday 13 July 2024

Commotion At a Book Festival


Lovely afternoon and evening at Newark Book Festival. First up talking all things ABBA was Giles Smith. He wrote one of my favourite books about music, Lost In Music. I have two first editions of that book but couldn't find either of them when I looked last night so bought the new, updated edition at the festival for him to sign.

Then this evening a great time with one of my favourite writers, Nottinghamshire's own - via Devon - Tom Cox. And he knew who I was! He said to me "Are you the Rich who runs the vinyl club? I wondered if you'd be here". How cool is that!? I've told him via socials before, but reiterated again tonight, that if he wants to come and do a presentation at Vinyl Sundays when he's up here visiting his parents, then he's always welcome. And Vinyl Sundays sounds miles better than the record club he goes to in Exeter. What a lovely man. Plus there's a free bookmark made by his very talented mum. And he brings all the hippy chicks to the yard.

I also bought a copy of his latest, yet to be released, novel, 1983. I helped crowdfund it, so another copy will be coming through the door on publication day in August.












 

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Never went inside, but was outside taking photos of the benches and things