Tuesday 28 September 2010

Obligatory annual X Factor post

Have a look at these two videos:





Two fantastic songs, I think. My take on the Adele song is that it's told from the perspective of someone who has an unrequited love, an unrequited love for someone from a distance (have you ever experienced that? I have. Perhaps some of us are right now), nobody else knows. They want to keep it a secret, and because they want to to keep it a secret, ssshhhhh, they don't want to shout about it.

The second one is just a tender love song. From one person to another. You don't need to shout because they're there with you and you just want to let them know how you feel. I love the way Flack separates her words. For example there's a very clear division between the last 't' of 'first' and the first 't' of 'time'.

So why do these idiots on the X Factor have to go on and sing "TOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL MY LUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRVE!!!!!!!!!" or "THEFIRSTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIME EVERISAAAAAAAAAWWWYERFAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ugh! it's horrid and needs to be stopped. Singing it like that doesn't make a better song, indeed for most people you're just spoiling the whole thing and making a bad atmos. Indeed I bought down the atmos at a friend's house I visited on Saturday night where it was on in the background, I mean I don't watch the bloody rubbish. I tutted and sighed all the way through it, and let me tell you, my drum tutor says he's never heard anyone tut the way I tut.
When is this X Factor thing going to stop? It's hateful, staged nonsense where Danni Minogue, that's right, Danni Minogue gets to tell people whether they're talented or not. That can't be right, can it?

4 comments:

Jon Peake said...

That guy who did The First Time Ever... really moved me. He's my tip for the Top 10.

Bright Ambassador said...

The bloke wasn't bad - even though he said "It's a girl's song really", when it was written by a bloke - but someone sang it earlier who was horrendous.

Bright Ambassador said...

Anyway, why am I getting into a discussion about who's good and who isn't? Mr FC, that's your fault with your X Factor chat. Groo!

Lee Slator said...

I got consumed by the whole X Factor thing last year but I've so far resisted this time.

It makes me wonder how alot of the acts deemed really bad and funny can seriously think they have a talent! I just get annoyed at how they are ridiculed by the judges too.

Hopefully Saturday nights will involve DVD Box Sets or Sky+ catch up until Christmas. Now...where shall I hide the remote from Mrs. S.