Monday 18 January 2010

I'm not looking for a cheap Happy Birthday...


...but I've been watching this DVD about Brian Clough today, and it gradually dawned on me that I'm now the same age God was when he gave the interview on the You Tube link (that's God as in Clough, not Revie. Or, indeed, Austin flaming Mitchell.).
That puts a perspective on things - he was dead almost exactly thirty years later.
Hey ho, it's the big one this time next year. I won't be shouting about that, let me tell you.

6 comments:

Jon Peake said...

A very happy birthday to you. I hope you've got the day off.

Sky Clearbrook said...

Many happy returns. You share your birthday with my oldest daughter who is 11 today. This round's on me!

Simon said...

Congratufibularities.

That makes you 1 month 3 days older than me.

Was it a good one?

Bright Ambassador said...

Thank you, all.

It was a good one, Simon, thanks. Over the weekend I visited my mate in That London and we twatted about giving tourists the wrong directions. Life's pleasures are the smallest ones, don't you think? I think I may have reserved myself a place in Hell...

Simon said...

As someone who finds himself asked for directions wherever I may be, I can concurr that slipping the odd wrong one in is indeed a pleasure to treasure.

Kolley Kibber said...

Belated Happy Birthday. And don't worry about the next one, it's a piece of piss. As long as you have booze in your life.