Thursday 15 January 2009

More random stuff



Is this man, Hardeep Singh Kohli, the most annoying man on British television? I think so. I'm getting fed-up of his I'm-trying-to-look-and-sound-slightly-bored-with-this routine nearly every fucking night on The One Show. He's not funny, even though he thinks he's a scream. And if I hear him say 'Hardeep is your love' once more then I'm going to call the constabulary; yes, it probably was slightly amusing the first time he thought of it, but we've heard it so many times. One of the Bee Gees is on The One Show tonight so it'll be 'Hardeep is your love' overload. I even gather it's the name of his column in a Scottish newspaper. He threw a complete mard on Celebrity Apprentice and he looks like the sort of person who runs into a kilt at any opportunity. Fuck off.
Shame, because I quite like his brother.


A couple of redundancies were announced at work this week. Now I don't mean to cast aspersions on the management, but I hope they're not using the recession as a means of lopping off a bit of dead wood. They can use that as an excuse for getting rid of anyone, can't they? I say that because they're both not very good at their jobs, for which they get paid rather a lot.
I don't mean to make light of redundancy, it's horrible, but it'd be even worse in my job because every time the management want to communicate to the staff they do so on notices printed with the font Comic Sans. I hate Comic Sans. Why's it called that? It's never made me laugh. And how would you feel if you got your notice in Comic Sans? I'd rather get it in Dingbats.
The notices on the noticeboard are all printed in Comic Sans. eg: "It's been brought to management's attention that there is graffiti in the male toilets. The company WILL NOT accept graffiti or the defacing of company property. Please note that any member of staff caught leaving graffiti will face disciplinary action". All in Comic Sans. How are we supposed to take that seriously? You'd expect it to read, in Comic Sans "Some twat's have been drawing their knobs on the bog walls again. Please stop as the drawings are quite obviously not to scale."


Another thing, the latest TV ad for Microsoft Windows - where people stand around going "I'm a PC" - has the tagline at the end "Upload yourself". Which sounds to me like an insult, like a cross between "up yours" and "go fuck yourself." So, upload yourself, Microsoft.

6 comments:

Jon Peake said...

I love it that we always agree. I loathe him. He thinks he's hilarious, and I read the same old shit about him in every interview. And his selection of wacky-coloured turbans are a turn-off.

I was on a radio show with him once, and he talked over me, crowbarring in 'jokes' for a good 15 minutes. I was incensed and vowed never to give him the time of day ever again. And I haven't.

Bright Ambassador said...

"He thinks he's hilarious", 'thinks' being the operative word.

Louis Barfe said...

I still quite like him, though that might change if the current level of exposure continues. And yes, his brother is a fine comic performer - the mere thought of Navid or Synthesizer Patel is enough to make me smile ("Get it up ye" in a Glaswegian Asian accent is the insult of choice in this house).

The best thing that you can say about Comic Sans is that it isn't Brush Script. And vice versa. They're typefaces for idiots. That's always fun. "What font's that?" "The typeface in question is..." "Yeah, but what font is it?" A little knowledge...

Clair said...

He's one of the comics that bloody You And Yours on Radio 4 use. What a consumer programme is doing using comedians, I have no sodding idea. Is there some Head of Racial Equality at the Beeb who thinks that by using HSK on everything, they're filling their quota?

Sky Clearbrook said...

It was a real blink-and-miss-it, but I saw a bloke I used to know at school pop up on that "I'm a PC" shite. Haven't clapped eyes on him for over 20 years, but it was definitely him. What a fud.

The Cat said...

Doesn't he do some kids' quiz show? I saw it once and he looked so bored and yet he worked in children's TV production. Listen to this interview he did and ask yourself who is worse, the interviewer or the interviewee: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sVS9yNQFMag