Sunday 27 March 2011

He sees faces in the sky

People often say to me "Hey, Bright Ambassador, where did you get that groovy user name from?" Well, wonder no more, dear reader, because here's where I got the name from. The last time I saw this band I had the full force of the bit at 7m 12s in this video directly in my ear'ole because I'd found myself standing right next to the PA in an attempt to get a better view of Chloe Alper. I seem to remember climbing on top of floppy-haired students, such was my desire to have a gawp at the nu-prog goddess of the four string. I was 38 at the time. Oh dear. I reckon I could piss the drum part in this an'all. Ee-zee!
What a pity their last LP was a bit of a stinker. Ho-hum.

4 comments:

Hawkfall said...

Oh, right. I always thought you took it from "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. You know, "a million bright ambassadors of morning".

Bright Ambassador said...

They nicked it from Echoes, Thumps. The track's very Floydy and was originally written as some imaginary soundtrack music to The Prisoner. When I was looking for a user name I was worringly obssessed with PRR's Ambassadors.

Captain Sketchy said...

Blimey, I thought I was a bit of a prog fan but have never heard of these guys before.

Love this though. I really must get my head out of my arse more often.

Bright Ambassador said...

Welcome along, Captain Sketchy. I hate recommending stuff but if you like that you should check out their debut album (the name of which escapes me, surprisingly given how many times I've listened to it. It has Greek statues on the cover). It's a lot in the style of Ambassadors, you know dreamy Floydy stuff but with those brilliant harmonies.