Wednesday 16 March 2011

Help!

Just had a phone call from my drum tutor (he hates being called that. Good) to tell me that he's given my phone number out to some random Rush fan who wants to go and see the Canadian prog metal power trio. Thing is, this Random Rush Fan asked me ages ago if he could come with me next time I was going to see them. Guess what? I've already bought myself and my drum tutor tickets for Rush without telling Random Rush Fan that I'd got them. I didn't tell him because a) I'm not overly bothered about going with him and b) I, er, kind of conveniently forgot about him. Now this tit of a drum tutor's gone and given him my mobile number so that Random Rush Fan can ring me to discuss going to see Geddy Lee and co at Sheffield Arena. When Random Rush Fan asked Drum Tutor if he knew if I'd got tickets to see Rush he just said *insert stupid voice here* "Er, I know he's thinking about it". 'Thinking about it?' I bought him and myself two tickets last October! What am I supposed to say to Random Rush Fan when he phones now? "Oh yeah, I wasn't bothered about going with you so I didn't bother to tell you." Or how about "Oh yeah, Rush, you say? Do you know I think I might already have got myself and Drum Tutor tickets, let me check in my fucking ticket stash and find out. I know they're one of my favourite bands and everything but it's slipped my mind about buying tickets. Now, where did I put them..?" I know Drum Tutor reads this, and I hope you're enjoying teaching someone triplets, paradiddles and 12 stroke rolls while I'm sitting here fretting about what I'm gonna tell this bloke. I bet you're pissing yourself, aren't you, Mr Drum Tutor? Groo! Well done, you're starring on my blog.

Anyone got any suggestions for a get out? God, I'm fucking mad...

8 comments:

Jon Peake said...

A tricky one. Be bold. Say you didn't get him a ticket because you didn't want to go with him and put the phone down.

Works every time.

Bright Ambassador said...

Yeah, but his business premises are down the way from the studio where I go for drum lessons. I'll still bump into him.

John Medd said...

It's at times like this I always play the ' Do I know you?' card. 'You're probably confusing me with my identical twin bother.' Either that or tell him to 'do one.'

Kolley Kibber said...

Tell him you're genuinely sorry, and ask if he'd consider coming away with you for a spa weekend to make up for it. It's a 75% certainty that he'll avoid you like the plague for ever more. And just a 25% chance that he'll take you up on it. Excellent odds, I'd say.

Bright Ambassador said...

Thanks for the suggestions, I particularly like the spa weekend idea. BUT the architect of this situation has come up with the solution himself. First he suggested "Just tell him that we thought about asking him then decided that he's a c**t." Hmmm, bit of a non-starter.
Second he suggests that I should say I got my tickets as a surprise Christmas present. Yes! Hurrah!
Cheers, mate. Now, tell the truth next time or I'll carry out my threat from yesterday, and I don't care whether she believes me or not.

Matthew Rudd said...

You could offer him your tickets for Duran Duran instead.

Simon said...

"The vebue would only let me buy two in one transaction"

Bright Ambassador said...

Matt - I don't have ticket sfor Duran Duran, and well you know.

Simon - He'll find out when he books his own that no such policy exists. Having said that though, I could say that I booked them on a pre-sale (which I did) and I wasn't allowed any more than two. Hmmm...