Wednesday 8 September 2010

The Booker for music (yeah, right)

Have a listen to this:


That lot won the Mercury Prize last night. I hate to sound like a boring old fart who'd probably say, like that judge in the 60s "Who is this...erm...Lady Gaga?" but I don't think much to that at all. I know that not everything has to be tailored to my taste, but I have they never heard of, you know, a tune?
And why the misery? You're young people for God's sake; jump around, take acid, shag your fans. God, the pained look on their faces. And, I hate to get personal, but that lass could get pickles out of a jar with that chin. I think they'd do well to wear spangly capes and sing songs about inter galactic space galleons. or something. I could be their manager and show them how to do it properly.
Still, at least Paul Weller didn't win. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jon Peake said...

I've never heard a note of their music, but then goes for just about everyone currently in the charts.

Kolley Kibber said...

I may be quite wrong about this, but didn't they go to the same school as Radiohead? In which case, given that head start in life, they have absolutely nothing to look so miserable about. Of course, if they grew up on the mean streets of Bedworth, I take it all back.

Either way, it's all pretty mediocre stuff. I don't much like getting old, but I'm glad I was young a long time ago rather than now...

Bright Ambassador said...

I do believe they had a privileged background, yes.
Whatever happened to jumping around and? Give me Doctor Feelgood or early AC/DC any day of the week.