Thursday 19 November 2009

Get me out of here. Please.


I had the grave misfortune of watching the last half hour of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here last night. Hopefully you didn't see it. I don't know what it is but I was slightly shocked at what was happening to Katie Price during her so-called 'Bush Tucker Trial'. Regular readers will know that I don't hold her in particularly high regard but some people must surely have gained some pleasure in seeing her get a ton of cockroaches shoved down her coat, boots and hat, wretch over a beetle smoothie and tip her head into a school desk full of frogspawn and live meal worms. Surely this is just some kind of masochism for the masses watching on TV? Yes, I know it's her choice to do it and she's getting paid well blah blah blah, but quite frankly I went to bed a little disturbed about what we've become as a nation of telly watchers.

Here's something much more palatable, because it really is nice to be nice.



4 comments:

Jon Peake said...

I promised myself I'd only watch the first one, and three days later and I'm hooked. It's never happened to me before with this show.

You just know that the general public are punishing Jordan by putting her up for all these revolting trials. I take my hat off to hear because I couldn't do it.

I almost found myself feeling sorry for her.

Kolley Kibber said...

I saw that too, and had a similar reaction. She has a profoundly depressing effect on me, though - I genuinely think her state of mind is so distorted that there's virtually no piece of degradation she wouldn't put herself through to stay on the front pages.

They were mentioning 'ticks up the fanny' last night (lots of bizarre repetition of the word 'vagina' from that Kim woman), and I wondered if that might be part of the next Bushtucker Trial. Hey, why not? As long as no ticks get hurt in the filming, obviously.

Axe Victim said...

I had a bit of a queesy feeling watching it meself. I could imagine all the plastic mac pervs loving it and pirating a wankmac bootleg of the episode. I keep trying to avoid it but the missus insists that I watch it with her. It's odd. She doesn't do that for any of the other rubbish that she watches...

Simon said...

And now of course you can have a refund if you voted for her to do the trial she walked away from - can't have the viewers feeling cheated after all.

Of course I only watch it for the articles. Sorry, Ant & Dec!