Saturday 25 June 2011

Now then

Yeah, I'm back, back, BACK! Got meself a hot new computer and internet connection. I bet you're all so pleased, eh? No? Oh, please yourselves...
Anyway, I'm back and have absolutely nothing to blog about, so soz about that. Icould have a moan about something I suppose, but sod it. Not only that but my sister's just texted me to tell me that Elbow are on BBC3 in ten minutes so I'd better hurry up and settle myself in for more, er 'stuff'. I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me, but tonight I'm going to watch some telly for the first time in ages. As the song goes: "Food in my belly and a licence for my telly and nothing's gonna bring me down" Hurrah!

Edit: I have got something to moan about: the announcer on BBC3 saying "One Day Like This byElbow is one of my most favourite songs ever - always cheers me up" Oh, piss off will you?

'Ere, have a bang on this, currently residing in the 'where are they now file'.

12 comments:

Hawkfall said...

"Fit Jocks with Heavy Eye Make up"?

*narrows eyes*

Bright Ambassador said...

It's okay, I was sipping Irn Bru while writing that.

Löst Jimmy said...

Fit Jocks with Heavy Eye Make Up??
Sounds like, the office Christmas night out then

Löst Jimmy said...

...not that I wear eye make up, you understand.

John Medd said...

All you had to do was come back and say 'everything's shit' and then leave again.

Welcome back chief.

office pest said...

Hey you! Who said that?
Baby how you been?

Where you bin, anywhere interesting?

OP

Bright Ambassador said...

Been anywhere interesting? Hmmm, let me see...pfft...erm...hang on a minute...doo-de-doo...erm, no. I live in Newark.

Jon Peake said...

I've been exploring Strawberry Switchblade's oeuvre recently. Trees and Flowers is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Check it out.

And it's good to have you back. Check out my new blog!

Matthew Rudd said...

Welcome back BA. And I love Since Yesterday. Jill Bryson's guitar miming on TOTP confused me so much as a 12 year old as it's very hard to hear a guitar on the record.

Bright Ambassador said...

I didn't realise Strawberry Switchblade had an 'oeuvre'. Thought it was just Since Yesterday and their cover of Jolene.
I must say this is all very nice - I've not been anywhere, just not had internet. I love you all regardless.

Kolley Kibber said...

I know someone who works as an auditor, and who had to stay in Newark for a week, doing his stuff on a small business. He said there was "something about the place that just didn't feel right. Almost evil."

Are you engaged in any Dark Forces round your way?

Bright Ambassador said...

Yeah, I'm treasurer and entertainments secretary of the Newark branch of The Satanic Church. We have trouble finding virgins around here.