Sunday 15 May 2011

Groo!

I'm going to see Rush tomorrow night. Look what some idiot's written on the Facebook Events page for the gig:
"Carnt wait, my partner is cumming with me, No she aint a fan,lol. we goin at dinnertime monday make sure we r there intime, we onlt 1 1/2 away but ya never no with traffic, i always panic ) we stopping at the Hilton Hotel tha night too, we in block C row 2"


Thank God I'm in Block A, away from him. I thought Rush fans were supposed to be intelligent? Well, apart from me, that is.
I think it should have read like this:
"I can't wait! My partner's coming with me - she's not a fan! We're leaving home at lunchtime on Monday to make sure we're there in time; we only live ninety minutes away but you never know what the traffic's going to be like and I always panic. We're staying the night at the Hilton, where no doubt my partner will be 'cumming' with me. Ho ho! Our seats are on Block C Row 2, so if you're sitting there you're in for a treat!"
I understand his excitement but leaving at lunchtime? I live less that ninety minutes away and I'm not picking my party up until 16:30. By the way, it seems I'm being a personal taxi for this lift I'm giving them, they all want picking up from their homes. I'm just too bloody nice, that's my problem.

Oh, while I'm on - if you drive one of these...


...I hate you.

8 comments:

e.f. bartlam said...

You've done a great job editing this...and now I understand except that you've changed Dinner to something called lunch. Now I'm confused about the time line..I thought they were leaving around mid-day. When does one eat lunch and what is it.

:)

Bright Ambassador said...

I think the context in which our friend is using 'dinner' is used in some parts of the UK to mean 'lunch'. And what you'd call 'dinner', they call 'tea'. Which is correct and proper. I used the word 'lunch' in that post to give the illusion that I'm of a higher social standing, which is all important in the UK.

John Medd said...

You simply must come over for supper and regale us with humorous anecdotes regarding your excursion to view at close quarters those lovable Maple leaf wearing exponents of power prog.

John Medd said...

Power Prog

e.f. bartlam said...

Where I'm from (the US South) we eat dinner at noon too...one of the many lingering quirks we've retained from our largely northern (UK) ancestors.

We do eat supper in the evening though.

Bright Ambassador said...

'Supper' to me is cheese and biscuits about an hour before bedtime. Poncey Sotherners here call dinner 'supper'.

And talking of poncey language...
Is that an offer, John? I could use a Yorkshire mini break.

Hawkfall said...

I hope you enjoyed the show. I wanted to see them, but they decided not to come south of the Alps on this tour, the Canuck JESSIES. "We're on the train to Bangkok". Yeah, bloody right.

Jon Peake said...

"Supper soon!" as we bellow at our London friends when we bump into them unexpectedly